Becoming members of Redeemer City
This past Sunday, we had our 3rd worship service at Redeemer City Church of Reykjavik and this coming Sunday, July 18th, Heather and I will be voted on to become official members of the church. This has been a long time coming and we’re extremely grateful to be a part of this church family. (Fingers crossed for a unanimous vote! 😉)
We’re continuing to learn how to acclimate to a different culture and, simultaneously, how to deal with the separation from friends and family — but, rest assured, we’re doing okay!
In addition to prayer on that front, we’ll always seek out and welcome prayer for the vision, mission, and purpose of Redeemer City.
And a few random updates
- We’re hosting a fellowship potluck tonight (July 14th) with the church! It’s our first with Redeemer City and we’re very much looking forward to it.
- Zoe’s finally losing some baby teeth. She’s lost two since we’ve been up here and a third is on its way out. (Oddly, I’ve lost the same amount… maybe it’s the sulfur in the water. #jk)
- The plan is for both girls to start school in August (if everything goes according to plan and we’re able to stay).
- I’m on week three of working remotely… and I was able to cobble together a home office set up that isn’t wrecking my spinal column. (My remote work opportunity is how we’re able to be + stay in Iceland for a little while and I’m extremely grateful for the opportunity.)
- And, lastly, we’ve both begun language lessons. It can be a beautiful language but it’s a difficult one to pick up on.
That’s all for now. Comment with any questions!